Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Re: Five Days to the River Elbe : Seven Days Campaign AAR

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:07 am

Another of my projects is making this Italeri 1/72nd scale Tornado into a recce GR.1A version. Kit is quite old and was given away with the first five issues of `Take Off` magazine in the nineties. Knew it would come in useful one day. :D

a 1.jpg
a 1.jpg (144.27 KiB) Viewed 586 times

And I have completed the 1/35th scale commander figure from a hero of the campaign.
b 1too.jpg
b 1too.jpg (36.47 KiB) Viewed 586 times

Can you guess which one it`s going to BE?
b free.jpg
b free.jpg (98.37 KiB) Viewed 586 times

Answers tomorrow. :D :D
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:39 am

And the answer is......Challenger Tank One One Bravo!!!!! :D :D :D
c2a.jpg
c2a.jpg (70.73 KiB) Viewed 580 times

c2b.jpg
c2b.jpg (42.21 KiB) Viewed 580 times

Very pleased with how the DPM camo came out, and easier to accomplish in 35th scale than it was in 15mm, but similar process. Base coat of green, then layer tan/khaki, red brown or similar, and black, going back to overlap each in places with a fine brush. Reference is good to inspire the irregular patterns that DPM has. As for colours, a degree of latitude here as soldiers on operations tended to have jackets of widely contrasting shades due to varying degrees of wear and tear. Some would have brand new clobber with vibrant DPM, whiles others would have a jacket that would be faded and worn. Something I`m going to attempt to replicate when I make my sojers.

c3.jpg
c3.jpg (46.9 KiB) Viewed 580 times

:D
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:31 pm

The Covid-19 `give myself something to do` project.

Seven Days To The River Rhine - Know Your British Army Of the Rhine

Tracked Rapier

Shall I compare thee to a summer`s Day? Or be honest and tell everyone what a bucket of spanners thou art?
d2.jpg
Tracked Rapier: Tracked Crapier more like!!!!
d2.jpg (139.1 KiB) Viewed 577 times

The Battlefront model, like so many of their resin offerings, is a pile of dung, and just as pleasurable to construct into a recognisable object. The decals break apart at the first sign of contact, and most of the white metal accessories I got were poorly cast; eight missiles, all of differing lengths, is a poor look.

As for the use of this pile of junk in 7 Days, it`s a sitting duck. If you put one on the table, then, due to an attacking helo getting the first shot, the first thing a Hind will kill is your Tracked Rapier. So you put two on the table and, either you opponent will use the terrain to take them out, one at a time, or your opponent will take one out whiles the other Rapier misses his reaction shot. Or, of course, by exposing Tracked Rapier in an attempt to get a shot at the attack helo, enemy ground units blast the tin can.
So you put three on the table, and at thirty points each, you`ve just spent the price of a Challenger tank on SAMs and your opponent doesn`t bring any choppers. Without a secondary role` that is 90 wasted points. First game that I lost faith in Tracked Rapier altogether, my brave Tommy infantry brought down a Hind with Blowpipe, as my only Tracked Rapier lay burning; Tracked Rapier WILL NOT darken my gaming universe in this, or any other lifetime... most probably.
BOOM.jpg
Blatant Excuse to Re-Show Crashing Hind Pic
BOOM.jpg (131.57 KiB) Viewed 577 times

Defo rely on guns such as Shilka and Gepard (who get to react fire before an attack helo does it`s doings), and your infantry manpads, rather than dedicated SAM because, in this case, the big `S` in SAM stands for `Sucks`. :evil:

Happy Trails :D
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby maelmordha » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:28 pm

You've been a busy 'B'. I actually prefer Plan-B .........

Got to love those tracked rapiers btw - no less than 4 deplyed at the same time will do. SAMs are just too bloody expensive in points. Ha the points system in 7DttRR! You gotta larff.

You really love that burning Hind pic dont you :) Probably because it's the only one you have.
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:15 pm

maelmordha wrote:You really love that burning Hind pic dont you :) Probably because it's the only one you have.

BOOMTITTYBOOMTITTYBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM.jpg
BOOMTITTYBOOMTITTYBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM.jpg (91.13 KiB) Viewed 546 times

BOOMBOOMSHAKETHEROOM.jpg
BOOMBOOMSHAKETHEROOM.jpg (91.07 KiB) Viewed 546 times

BOOMBANG-A-BANG.jpg
BOOMBANG-A-BANG.jpg (73.24 KiB) Viewed 546 times
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Previous

Return to Public Forum