Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Re: Sunday 18th

Postby roma912 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:49 am

Russ wrote:Sorry guys, I'll have to cancel today.
Have fun, maybe see you all at the next meeting.

No worries. First game of the year saw a "moral" victory for myself with Iain's Oriental Warband collapsing against Mark's Dwarven Warband and my Adventurer styled Warband. Rolling 1's isn't a good idea in Songs of Blades and Heroes. Then I just started to get lucky by rolling a kill on Mark's leader causing a few failed morale tests. This was enough to split Mark's warband temporarily allowing me to bring my elf and thief back into play. In the end we ran out time hence the moral victory (Ihad few missile troops that started to cause the hit the target occasionally.

Not sure on the magic, it seems just like another missile troop although I could have opted for transfix instead of fire ball.A fun game that we should really try a mini campaign in the future to get the best of it.
Last edited by roma912 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roma912

Postby moz71 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:34 am

Lol, moral as in noble or justified as you were sat on the objective. Stunties weren't done though.... just too far away for their wee legs.
Have stuff for Impetus, Saga (both), FoW, Bolt Action, Wild West games, WHB/Kings of War, Frostgrave, Lion Rampant
moz71

Postby roma912 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:13 pm

moz71 wrote:Lol, moral as in noble or justified as you were sat on the objective. Stunties weren't done though.... just too far away for their wee legs.

Spelling error edited :D
roma912

Postby Russ » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:55 pm

Sounds good, and I have to agree, the magic rules do seem like just an extra shooting rule.
Definitely up for a wee campaign of this, I just need to attend the club more!
:oops:
Russ

Postby moz71 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:29 pm

I'd be up for a campaign too. Lesson for me there was to never let your leader into a fight, far more useful alive, ahem.

Interesting thing for me, I have to say, was some increased website enthusiasm over the last few days with three different games getting talked about. Makes the club more interesting looking for someone considering coming along I'd have thought.
Have stuff for Impetus, Saga (both), FoW, Bolt Action, Wild West games, WHB/Kings of War, Frostgrave, Lion Rampant
moz71

Postby roma912 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:22 pm

moz71 wrote:I'd be up for a campaign too. Lesson for me there was to never let your leader into a fight, far more useful alive, ahem.

Interesting thing for me, I have to say, was some increased website enthusiasm over the last few days with three different games getting talked about. Makes the club more interesting looking for someone considering coming along I'd have thought.

Did your leader die, can't say that I noticed :o yes there has been some increased web activity on the forum this past few weeks. Good to see and hopefully it will continue throughout the year.
roma912

Previous

Return to Public Forum