Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Command and Colours

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:49 pm

Hi All
Just started reading C&C and wanted to ask any who knew; if using figures instead of blocks, do the figure bases have to be the same size as the blocks or does it not matter due to being hex-based?
Cheers, Ian
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Re: Command and Colours

Postby Russ » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:12 pm

Wouldn't matter, I've almost finished my ACW 6mm guys for battle cry which is CnC basically.
Starting on my 6mm micro armour to use for memoir 44 which is the ww2 version of CnC.
I only need the cards to do the ancients and naps versions.
Russ

Postby roma912 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Started on my 6mm Greek/Carthage/Macedonians for the ancients. Surprisingly easy to paint and no need for 3 layers per colour!

15mm for Naps and ACW - Naps done, ACW is a work in progress

20mm for Memoir 44 - nearly completed

Its all coming along very slowly
roma912

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:34 am

Excellent, thanks for that.

Like the Stig, I`ve recently discovered that there was a time before mechanisation... apparently :shock: .
Any recomended 15mm Napoleonic figure ranges?

Cheers, Ian
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby roma912 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:39 am

WingAttackPlan-R wrote:Excellent, thanks for that.

Like the Stig, I`ve recently discovered that there was a time before mechanisation... apparently :shock: .
Any recomended 15mm Napoleonic figure ranges?

Cheers, Ian

I would be the wrong person to advise you miniatures for Naps. The figures I have are mostly Minifigs, however I got these second hand and rebased them. Oh, how I love rebasing figures :-D

Essex also do a range but there will be many more. Ask about first would be my advice or look into 10 & 6mm as alternatives.
roma912

Postby TomMcC » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:43 am

Ah, remember, for some us, 'real' history stopped in 1815 (except for an American skirmish in the 1860's). ;)

But, more on CnC. You've seen the stuff at the club where the guys use WRG basing for 15mm ancients, and any other basing for 15mm Napoleonic. Also see the plastic Napoleonic 20mm stuff. All that's really relevant is you can fit approx. 4 bases / tokens / whatever, plus maybe a terrain indicator, into a hex. And that you base you figures for how you want. If you have a look at BGG (boardgamegeek) you can see what some people have done with miniatures. There are even some who've done 1 single 28mm figure representing 1 block and playing on 4 or 5 inch hexes. I've even set it out an ancients game on the CnC board with one 15mm element per hex, then represent the number of blocks with a coloured die.

And for figures, you'll see a few at the club, but next time I can get along I'll bring a few samples. Minifigs, Essex and Battle Honours all tend to be big 15mm. CGM, Blue Moon and Napoleon at War are 18mm. The ranges above that scale are (seem) endless.

cheers,
Tom
TomMcC

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:32 am

TomMcC wrote:Ah, remember, for some us, 'real' history stopped in 1815 (except for an American skirmish in the 1860's). ;)

If there really was history pre-mechanisation then surely there would be footage of same on youtube.
I can`t find any.
:D

Thanks for the help with C&C guys.
Tom, let me know when you`re next going as I have stuff for you.

Cheers, Ian
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby TomMcC » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:29 pm

WingAttackPlan-R wrote:If there really was history pre-mechanisation then surely there would be footage of same on youtube.
I can`t find any.

That made me laugh out loud.

I should be at the club this Sunday. If you're coming along just bring the stuff. I don't know what else is on yet, but there's time.
cheers,
Tom
TomMcC

Postby roma912 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:54 am

TomMcC wrote:
WingAttackPlan-R wrote:If there really was history pre-mechanisation then surely there would be footage of same on youtube.
I can`t find any.

That made me laugh out loud.

I should be at the club this Sunday. If you're coming along just bring the stuff. I don't know what else is on yet, but there's time.
cheers,
Tom

Not aware of anything going on however, I haven't got anything planned either. Will probably be there this week too.
roma912

Postby TomMcC » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:31 pm

Let us know if you fancy a game of something. I could even put together a couple of 200 armies for ADG if you fancied working through the rules. Or an ACW bash or some other game from an fabled era pre-youtube.

cheers,
Tom
TomMcC

Next

Return to Public Forum