Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Club?

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:24 pm

So what`s happening at DWC?

Anything?

Anything at all?
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Re: Club?

Postby roma912 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:56 pm

Not sure Iain as I haven't been there much since April, fatherhood takes up a lot of time. There still seems to be a lot of interest in Command and Colours and Steve is continuing with Chain of Command WW2 in 28's I think. Other than that I can't comment. hopefully make the club next month but I make no promises :D
roma912

Postby Russ » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:24 am

If I ever get time off I may go through for a look. Very busy year.
Russ

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:49 pm

Well, give`s a shout when, I have FoW and Epic:Armaggedon armies progressing (very) slowly.
I may have converted a board game to use models instead of tokens by then (also going very slowly).

Rumble those tanks, I`ll show you all how it`s done....(badly). :lol:

Cheers, Ian
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby maelmordha » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:54 pm

Hey Ian,

I've been on holiday for the first two weeks in August but should be back next meeting. I'm playing Nick's Marines with my Japanese probably 1st meeting in September.

After that I'm open for almost anything.

The Burma campaign was won by Brian's British. A marginal victory as it went to the wire. 8 games were played with the Japanese winning 3. The last game could have been won by the Japanese except for a bit of a brainstorm on the sushi munchers side. Pretty close all the same........

I'm setting up Russian/German East Prussian campaign to start in October. It's based on Konigsberg and operation West wind. I now have everything I need for that. Everything is built and primed. Houses are rendered and forests built. I just need a train to transport it in!

I'll also try to run big game 1st Weekend in October. It will be based on Le Bas De Ranville. Paras vs von Luck's grenadiers on D Day.

I'll let you know how that pans out.....

Steve
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:00 pm

Hi Steve, hope the holiday was a good one
All good stuff. I take it `Chain of Command` is proving a success. I enjoyed my game, may have to invest in some rules.
I`ll start reading `I Ain`t Been Shot Mum` incase of some potential `Kibbutz defending`.
I may have also hit upon a way of re-creating battles such as Prokharovka and 72 Eastings in 1:1 (that`s ratio of models to unit, not scale :D )
Must cover table with tanks..MUST....

Cheers, Ian
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby maelmordha » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:42 pm

Holiday was good.

Chain of Command is good fun. The rules are pretty straight forward and with the forces being kept 'true to life' the game feels right. The campaign focus also makes a helluva difference since you need to consider what state your forces are likely to be in for the next game when deciding on how far to push things. Most of the time you need to decide when it's time to make an exit rather than the game mechanics. It's a different way of playing and it draws you in.

Unfortunately it doesn't work too well with 1:1 battles the size of Prokhorovka!

I'll let everybody know when the Bas de Ranville CoC big game is likely to take place (or Primosole/Minge/Fuchsberg/Westwind/Winter Storm/Mortaine.... so many!). Still looking at the 1st weekend in October but I'll confirm.

By the way the release of 'Fighting Season' the modern insurgency version is imminent.

http://toofatlardies.co.uk/blog/?cat=24
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:28 pm

maelmordha wrote:
By the way the release of 'Fighting Season' the modern insurgency version is imminent.

http://toofatlardies.co.uk/blog/?cat=24

Ha, that`s me sold!

Sign me up. :twisted:
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Return to Public Forum