Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Re: All's quiet on the Western Front

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:25 pm

Everyone`s a winner. Except those who lose, obviously. ;)

Russ wrote:Mainly for Tom and Ian, but open to anyone else. I have started putting together the stuff for the Arnhem game I ran 2 years ago.

It will be an exact re-run of the orginal if I can find the order of battle I put together, or something very close.

So for all interested and if we can secure a table at the club, I propose Sunday the 18th of September, 72 years after Frosts perimeter started the defence of the bridge.

I`m in.
Do we use Flumaries of Flum rules? It`s just that the scenario section from my copy is in the garden, smouldering.
Other than that, I`m good to go.
Cheers, Ian
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby Russ » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:19 pm

Yes, it's flummery based, but don't worry mate No Objectives, it's either defend the bridge or take the bridge, depending which side you play as.

None of this complicated capturing key battlefield areas or anything like that :lol:
Russ

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:33 pm

Braw.

Hurrah for the whichever side I`m on.

Cheers, Ian
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby roma912 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:00 pm

Russ wrote:Dragon I think, gives me an excuse to paint some of the odd purchases I have made over time.

And I shall see how the reaper bones figures I got stand up to being used, the bendy plastic is worrying but so far no cracked paint.

Hi Russ,

are you still available this Sunday for some Dragon Rampant? A few things painted but not the whole list. In fact I don't have the list made out either :)

Cheers, Ross
roma912

Postby Russ » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:21 pm

Yes, still available. Mine aren't painted yet either, I should be through between 12 and 1, but I will likely be getting lunch at the venue anyway if your in a bit later.
I'll bag a table and some terrain.

:D
Russ

Postby roma912 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:23 pm

Russ wrote:Yes, still available. Mine aren't painted yet either, I should be through between 12 and 1, but I will likely be getting lunch at the venue anyway if your in a bit later.

See you there
roma912

Postby roma912 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:59 pm

Russ wrote:Yes, still available. Mine aren't painted yet either, I should be through between 12 and 1, but I will likely be getting lunch at the venue anyway if your in a bit later.

Cheers for the game Russ; two very different games and it would seem that activation rolls are an issue for me.

The first game gave you another bloodless victory with most of my units only just starting to move by the time you had gathered enough crystal to win the game.

The second game I still suffered from a failure to activate and only started to respond near the ned of the game - by when it was too late. A good game and interesting how it worked out towards the end. Need to go back over the rules and look at the special rules more, missed a few opportunities due to not knowing the rules better.

Keep me posted if your are planning more games of either Lion or Dragon Rampant in the future.

Might look at painting a few more troops to finish the war band off properly...

Cheers, Ross
roma912

Postby Russ » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:20 pm

It was a good couple of games.
I had a read through of the rules tonight, we got a couple of bits wrong, but nothing game changing.
My scouts would have 12 dice when fresh, and I could have moved them out of the woods towards the archers. Retreating is half a normal move, not just 3 inch.
We definitely need to add the boasts/quests to the game, a small victory margin like the last game could have gone in your favour.

I will most likely be playing this again next month, so I will put the dates I can come through up here.
Russ

Postby Russ » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:19 am

Apologies gents, I will have to cancel Sunday.
I will check the diary and rearrange for October.
Russ

Postby roma912 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:33 am

Can't make September and the only date free for me on October is the 30th - anyone fancy a Halloween themed game with Dragon Rampant?

Cheers, Ross
roma912

PreviousNext

Return to Public Forum