Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Re: All's quiet on the Western Front

Postby roma912 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:08 pm

Mark: a man cave, well done that man

Ian: the more scenery the better in 6mm as far as I can see.

Russ: will check and get back to you as soon as this week, either sounds good to me
roma912

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:46 pm

Russ, mail on the way.

roma912 wrote:Ian: the more scenery the better in 6mm as far as I can see.

Little teeny tiny box of tanks, BIG box of scenery. ;)
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby Russ » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:21 pm

When is the battle report coming Ian, I want to bask in the glory of my bloodless victory lol
It has to be a first in wargaming surely.
Russ

Postby roma912 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Russ wrote:When is the battle report coming Ian, I want to bask in the glory of my bloodless victory lol
It has to be a first in wargaming surely.

I am sure there is a story to be told here; waiting to find out from the survivors of the day :)
roma912

Postby Russ » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:26 pm

Plenty survivors on Ian's side of the table, not so much on mine. Strangest win I've ever had.
Russ

Postby roma912 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:54 pm

Russ wrote:Plenty survivors on Ian's side of the table, not so much on mine. Strangest win I've ever had.

Aye, sounds strange right enough.

Looking to get down to the club on the 1st Sunday in September - provisionally have a pass for that date just now.

Dragon Rampant or Lion Rampant?

Cheers, Ross
roma912

Postby Russ » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:16 pm

Dragon I think, gives me an excuse to paint some of the odd purchases I have made over time.

And I shall see how the reaper bones figures I got stand up to being used, the bendy plastic is worrying but so far no cracked paint.
Russ

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:10 pm

Ah yes, battle report...hmm.

From Wingattackapedia-

`Having destroyed 18 tanks and lost none, Flumaries of Flum declared the other side as the winner, further demonstrating the abject failure of Flumaries of Flum`s scenario rules. I think it was author of `Achtung Panzer`, Heinz Guderian, who wrote, "if the enemy can see the objective, no matter from how far, then you have lost and should run away- this is the essence of `Blitzkrieg`."
And it was Otto Carius in his tome, `Tigers in the Mud` who said- " we had a full intact company that was blowing the enemy to himmel, but when I saw an enemy soldier cowering behind a wall of their objective I realised that the 18-0 score was but an illusion, and surrendered at once."
In `Strategy: An Indirect Approach` B.H. Liddel Hart wrote: `if one destroyeth but a dozen and one half of tankage, yet lose none score of none, this will be interpreted by all as glorious providence, which only malfunctioning scenario rules would attempt to set asunder, to their own and unholly damnation.`

`If blowing-up tanks and losing none is defeat; I can live with that. Now pass my pint`- Alexander the Great.

An excellent day`s gaming with the most excellent company of Russ, that was the true victory. Ignominious defeat and shame dripping from the rotting carcass of Flumaries` debased and evil scenario rules.

Hurrah for both Russ and myself, boo to Flumaries scenario rules.

Message ends-
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby Russ » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:36 pm

Haha, you should play warhamster 40k, it's just about making everything go Kaboom!

It was a rather splendid game, and to win when rolling buckets of dice and never so much as scratching an enemy vehicle(or infantry for that matter) the frustration was unbearable.

The real winners were of course us, the commanders, what a hoot.
Russ

Postby Russ » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:59 pm

Mainly for Tom and Ian, but open to anyone else. I have started putting together the stuff for the Arnhem game I ran 2 years ago.

It will be an exact re-run of the orginal if I can find the order of battle I put together, or something very close.

So for all interested and if we can secure a table at the club, I propose Sunday the 18th of September, 72 years after Frosts perimeter started the defence of the bridge.
Russ

PreviousNext

Return to Public Forum