Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

All's quiet on the Western Front

Postby roma912 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:37 pm

To quote a song lyric "is anybody out there"

It has been very quiet on the forum for a while - anyone still posting/reading or has all communication moved over to the anti-social media of FB?

What is happening at the club lately? What is popular or unpopular? Who is playing what and playing who?

I see the link to my blog has gone too :D Just when I am starting to have the time to start posting regularly again :lol:
roma912

Re: All's quiet on the Western Front

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:36 pm

Howdo Ross, `Just nod if you can hear me`

Not been to the club much myself so I`m even more out-of-the-loop than usual, but there is a Command and Colours Ancients league that I haven`t heard anything about since I signed-up for it.

I`m maybe having a game of C&C Ancients with Richard on the 31st.

Steve and myself are playing a Market Garden campaign for I Ain`t Been Shot Mum, lots of tanks, super stuff.

Moss is running the ever amusing Mars Attacks! which I may get some guys for.

I`ve been meaning to get in touch with Russ for some tank mayhem, hopefully he`s looking in. (WW2, modern, or sci-fi Russ, you know you want to).

X-Wing seems to be growing in popularity, and I`ve taken the plunge and bought a set.

If you want a small game of Full Thrust or GQ or something similar with yours truly, I`m sure it could be arranged.

All the best
Ian
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby moz71 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:55 pm

Hi Ross, yeah there's a wee bit of communication on Facebook (handy medium for putting up pictures of games to be fair). By my standards I've been a fair bit this year although giving it a miss over the rest of the summer as we're going to be moving house in a few weeks. I, as you know, like the more populist stuff like Saga, Dragon Rampant, DMH etc
Have stuff for Impetus, Saga (both), FoW, Bolt Action, Wild West games, WHB/Kings of War, Frostgrave, Lion Rampant
moz71

Postby Russ » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:40 pm

Hello all, I still look in on the forum now and again.

I can't really explain my absence from the club, I think I have just gotten out of the habit.

i have not played a game for ages, I must get through sometime and roll some dice.

Ian, fancy a go at flames in 6mm again. That Arab Israeli game worked well, and looked good. Or I may have finally painted my GHQ ww2 stuff by the time we arrange a game.

Up for dragon rampant also, I am building a few units for it now.
Russ

Postby roma912 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:43 am

HI Guys,

Ian: thinking of selling my Full Thrust fleets as they haven't been out of the air dock since before the Legion closed :D . Have lots of 15mm sci-fi grunts in various stages of completion for Critical Mass and a variety of grav vehicles too.

Mark: Good luck with the house move - are you staying local? Agree with you on the list of games as about my level just now. I have also played Basic Impetus a few times over the last while with Iain and its still good fun, just waiting on the revised version coming out

Russ: I am also working on a force for Dragon Rampant and am getting there slowly so interested in that too

Basically looking to get a game of something sometime and looking for more fun than realism as after all its a game of toy soldiers :evil: , unless of course your playing 6th historical stuff when its real proper rules :ugeek: .

Off now to look at Dragon Rampant and see what I need to dig out of the lead mountain to bulk up the Black Shields

Cheers, Ross
roma912

Postby Russ » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:59 pm

I've checked the calendar and I can come through on the 7th. That's just after claymore but I'm not going this year as I have enough projects on the go.
Who is free on that Sunday for a game.
Russ

Postby roma912 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:42 pm

Unfortunately, that would be the one Sunday in August I definitely can't make. No surprises there :lol:

Missing Claymore this year too as I really should concentrate on the many projects that I have before adding another one the lead mountain.

Be in touch about other suitable dates
roma912

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:35 pm

Russ wrote:
Ian, fancy a go at flames in 6mm again. That Arab Israeli game worked well, and looked good. Or I may have finally painted my GHQ ww2 stuff by the time we arrange a game.

Hi Russ
Got even more 6mm mid-east scenery, and am ready to roll with both Arabs and Israelis.
Simply made infantry and artillery bases for FoW and stuck on 6mm units.
Let battle commence....and on the 7th of August if you wish.
I have two 3000pt forces of infantry, tanks and artillery, plus scenery. I`ll post the lists here or to you if you want, or enjoy the surprise on the day.
If you`re up for it, you need only bring yourself, a tape measure, and your dice.
Cheers, Ian
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby moz71 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:38 pm

Hi Ross, yeah moving to just up the road from the Civil (coincidence!) to a bigger house in order to get more space. Man cave time, lol.

Like you guys I'm also giving Claymore a miss. Not buying more stuff at the mo, and I'm finishing off what I've got.

I'm hoping that the basic impetus release will encourage the reappearance of that game too. Will hopefully see you guys there when I'm making a reappearance around September time.
Have stuff for Impetus, Saga (both), FoW, Bolt Action, Wild West games, WHB/Kings of War, Frostgrave, Lion Rampant
moz71

Postby Russ » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:58 pm

@ mark, good luck with the move, and well done if you've managed to grab yourself a man cave in the process.

@ Ian, sounds good to me, post a brief list of what I'll be pushing round the table so I can familiarise myself with the models. What time you be down there?

@ Ross, how about the 21st for some Dragon/lion rampant?
Russ

Next

Return to Public Forum