Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Re: All's quiet on the Western Front

Postby roma912 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:06 pm

Thanks for the update
roma912

Postby roma912 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:36 pm

Its gone quiet again....

its been so long since I have posted that I had to login to do so :D

Anyone have any games or thoughts about games for the future?
roma912

Postby maelmordha » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:57 pm

As you know most of our activity is on evil FB. Unfortunately I dont have the time these days to echo most of the activity here. It's usually only when I'm checking for sneaky spambots that have circumvented my alerts.

However:
I am all TFL these days.
We have 3 CoC campaigns on the go at the moment. The big one being Serafimovich August 1942 with Italians and Germans vs Russians on a two ladder campaign. The others being 29 Let's Go (Normandy 44), and Nick's Peleliu ('The Pacific' 1944). Next is Boulogne 1940 which I have 90% of the figures painted for. I just have 12 heavy motorcycles and 2 x 2pdrs to finish off. It's more likely I'll run a set of 3 or 4 big Operation Garden CoC games before I do that though as I already have the stuff (or decent proxies at least).

I have also written the lists and made a decent start on a CoC variant for "Starship Troopers - Want to Know More?" I'll probably leave Ian B to come up with a decent title for those though!
Which reminds me - Ian we need to get the next game played for IABSM - Hell's Highway. At the club or at my place is fine for me (there's no club on Sunday July 16th if that suits for a visit to my command bunker?).

Sharp Practice 2 is also on the cards for later this year once CoC Serafimovich is finished. We've already played some ACW games but I'd like to get my 28mm Russian and French Napoleonics on the go as well. That will probably be a single multiplayer game as a break from CoC to start with.

Tricky is running his usual big games and C&C competition.

Others are doing their own stuff. Some 6th Ed Ancients, Mars attacks, FoW and other stuff. Modern Naval has surfaced briefly too.

What I'd really like to do is get my UFO campaign back on the go but that's obviously going to have to wait........
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:24 pm

maelmordha wrote:
I have also written the lists and made a decent start on a CoC variant for "Starship Troopers - Want to Know More?" I'll probably leave Ian B to come up with a decent title for those though!
Which reminds me - Ian we need to get the next game played for IABSM - Hell's Highway. At the club or at my place is fine for me (there's no club on Sunday July 16th if that suits for a visit to my command bunker?).

Howdo Steve,
Sunday`s are a bit tricky at the moment, perfect Sunday for gaming would be one that rained, but I`ll keep you posted.

Proper up for Starship Troopers. A name almost writes itself:

`Everybody fights, no one quits`
`Welcome to the Roughnecks! `
`Rasczak`s Roughnecks!`
`Rico's Roughnecks!`
`Now have fun. That's an order!`
`Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world.`
`Service guarantees citizenship.`
`Ugly planet`
`Bug planet! `
TOFU (as in `Totally, ominously f*$£!@ up`)
`it's a good day to die`
`it's a good day to fry`
`fresh meat for the grinder. `

Yeahaaa, let`s zap some bugs!! I`m from Scotland and I say `kill `em all!!
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby roma912 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:39 am

all sounds good. Are you playing CoC in 28 or 20mm? All of my WWII stuff except for 1 platoon of Italian Paratroopers in grey undercoat is in 20mm.
roma912

Postby maelmordha » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:49 am

Apologies for the late reply, I've been busy of late and this slipped my mind.

All mine are 28mm but I have a plethora of 20mm I refuse to look at just now. I have enough in 28mm to cover a number of armies, and most are painted. I can happily field both sides in 28mm and regularly put on multiple games. I have:
43-45 Heer, Blitzkrieg Heer including m/c, 44/45 Fallschirmjager, Japanese, Burmese British, Ghurkha, NW Europe British, RM Commandos, British Airborne, supplements for 1940 Brits, American Armoured infantry. 2 platoons of Soviets (1 SMG + 1 Rifle). All painted.

Unpainted I have:
2 platoons of FJ (early + late), 2 platoons of German grenadiers (smocks), 1 platoon of Soviet Riflemen, 2 platoons of US Airborne, 1 Platoon of NWE British with Tam o' Shanters. the Soviet unit is soon to be added to the painted pile.

I have 3 Pz38t, 2 PzIV H, 2 Panthers, 2 Marder IIs, 1 Lorraine Schlepper, 3 Hanomags, 1 PzJIV L/70, 1 88mm + tow, 2 PzIIs, 2 StuG 3s, Schwimmwagen, Tiger I, 1 SdKfz 222, 2 T34/85, 3 T34/76, 2 BT 7s, 1 BT 7A, 1 BA6, 1 JS2, 1 KV1, 1 KV2, 1 Churchill VII, 1 Churchill AVRE, 1 Churchill Crocodile, 1 WASP, 1 M3 Stuart, 4 M3 Grants, 1 Matilda II, 3 Jeeps (2 SAS), 2 Cromwells, 3 Sherman Vs, 1 Firefly, 1 Daimler A/C, 1 AEC III, 3 Halftracks (M5), 3 US M4A4, 1 Ho-Ro, 1 Chi-Ha, 1 Kai Shinhoto Chi-Ha, 1 Ha-Go. The vast majority are painted but require weathering.

Guns - lots. Support - lots. Terrain - shed loads and growing at a rapid rate.

As you can see I have enough invested to cover most stuff I'm likely to put on and I actually enjoy painting 28mm which I cant say for 20mm. I have some other reasons for not going down the 20mm route for CoC but I'd rather not go there :)

I have been looking at 20mm for IABSM! though.

I have no problems at all in setting up a game for someone if they want to try CoC out, whether I'm playing or not. I have an even bigger estate to carry stuff in now.....
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby maelmordha » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:01 am

Not to forget the Starship Troopers gear as well.

As I said next on the blocks is Market Garden which will be the 4th CoC campaign I've written and umpired/played. That will be aimed solely at big games (club games). I already have the wartime maps and forces, and figures (once I get the US Paras painted). I might even paint some more German smocks.

Realistically that will be run in the cold months once the current Serafimovich campaign is finished which is on Game 6 (from a possible 9) on both the German and Italian ladders. Those games get played on July 30th. I have a factory unit and a Russian Platoon to get ready for then.
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:55 pm

maelmordha wrote:Not to forget the Starship Troopers gear as well.

As I said next on the blocks is Market Garden which will be the 4th CoC campaign I've written and umpired/played. That will be aimed solely at big games (club games). I already have the wartime maps and forces, and figures (once I get the US Paras painted). I might even paint some more German smocks.

Realistically that will be run in the cold months once the current Serafimovich campaign is finished which is on Game 6 (from a possible 9) on both the German and Italian ladders. Those games get played on July 30th. I have a factory unit and a Russian Platoon to get ready for then.

Sign me up: service guarantees citizenship.

A run through of CoC would be welcome, when I can find a free Sunday. ;)

Cheers, Ian
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby maelmordha » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:07 pm

WingAttackPlan-R wrote:
Sign me up: service guarantees citizenship.

A run through of CoC would be welcome, when I can find a free Sunday. ;)

Cheers, Ian

Whenever you find that free Sunday let me know and I'll set something up. Best run a WW2 game 1st before we mix in the SST stuff though.

Jean Rasczak: I wonder what our brothers of Hiroshima would say about this...
Carmen Ibanez: They probably wouldn't say anything..Hiroshima was destroyed
Jean Rasczak: Correct
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:57 pm

Jean Rasczak: One of the truly great sci-fi characters of all time.

Beside him, Star Wars is exactly this- (parental advisory lyrics-not for children or Star Wars fans) :twisted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg-pnGFbwMQ

Mail inbound Steve
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

PreviousNext

Return to Public Forum