Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Re: All's quiet on the Western Front

Postby moz71 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:52 am

I'll give you a game if you want Ross. House move and holiday will be all finished by then
Have stuff for Impetus, Saga (both), FoW, Bolt Action, Wild West games, WHB/Kings of War, Frostgrave, Lion Rampant
moz71

Postby moz71 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:53 am

Although, after the move yesterday i've about a million jobs to do, so mibbe that was a bit optimistic on my part, so dont mind either way. Theres a Dragon Rampant event on that day too, incase you hadnt seen.
Have stuff for Impetus, Saga (both), FoW, Bolt Action, Wild West games, WHB/Kings of War, Frostgrave, Lion Rampant
moz71

Postby roma912 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:24 pm

moz71 wrote:Although, after the move yesterday i've about a million jobs to do, so mibbe that was a bit optimistic on my part, so dont mind either way. Theres a Dragon Rampant event on that day too, incase you hadnt seen.

I am hoping to go to the club on that day anyway so if you can make grand, if not I understand.

Where is the Dragon Rampant event - on Face book - the anti social media?

I will have my 24 points of green and black for the day, hopefully more green than black but looking for a friendly game and I know Russ and Iain were also interested

Cheers, Ross
roma912

Postby roma912 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:31 pm

roma912 wrote:
moz71 wrote:Although, after the move yesterday i've about a million jobs to do, so mibbe that was a bit optimistic on my part, so dont mind either way. Theres a Dragon Rampant event on that day too, incase you hadnt seen.

I am hoping to go to the club on that day anyway so if you can make grand, if not I understand.

Where is the Dragon Rampant event - on Face book - the anti social media?

I will have my 24 points of green and black for the day, hopefully more green than black but looking for a friendly game and I know Russ and Iain were also interested

Cheers, Ross

Its a closed FB page as well so non FB users can't see it, grrrr

Cheers, Ross
roma912

Postby moz71 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:23 am

TBH im not sure what is happening with it. The FB listing originally said it was a tournie with 6 games, and i would have given that a miss because of the time that would take. Doesnt appear to have been much interest in that format as the later post states that theres interest in doing an intro to Dragon Rampant type event, but ive not been for a couple of months as my gear was all packed away.

I will be ok for the 30th now though, we ve got plenty done in the last couple of weeks. Whether thats doing something with you guys or in this event (as long as its not six games, lol). I painted up an undead force for it. Theyre absolute rubbish in the game, but very much in the spiritif it due to the number of detol jobs.
moz71

Postby maelmordha » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:58 pm

Richard Coates is running the group..... if it's the one I think you mean.
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby maelmordha » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:39 am

Due to lack of organisation, leadership and communication the Dragon Rampant event originally intended for next Sunday has been cancelled.

Let's put it this way the hall wont be booked due to an all pervading silence.....
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby moz71 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:56 am

To be honest, there was a comment on the FB page a while back that it had moved to the 30th. I've not been around for a while so don't know if that was still the case. Ross, if you're still looking for a 4th player for the 30th though, give me a shout.
moz71

Postby maelmordha » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:33 pm

The problem is that if it's moved to the 30th then the right people don't know anything about it.

Nothing here, nothing on the club's FB, no news at the club. It it being held somewhere else?

I'll stand on my head and sing 'Ode to Joy' if it happens.

Just checked the DR page. The competition is down for the 30th but no-one has told Richard Bryan who thought it was the 4th Sunday of the month but had heard nothing so didn't book it.

There's also a big ACW on the 30th, as well as the Arnhem big game, my game and potentially others so there wouldn't be enough space on the 30th. Some of the DR players are also taking part in the big ACW game and would not be available. Events like this need to be on an 'even' Sunday to make sure they get the attention they require and don't affect a normal club Sunday.

Richard C please clarify................
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby maelmordha » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:09 pm

From FB when I asked for Clarification:

Richard Bernard Coates Richard Bryan I thought had told people at the club - he cancelled it because we could not provide a sufficient list of outside names on time. I contacted David Knight and told Neil Alexander, the only others who had shown an interest. The interest is strong in SESWC and I spoke to Jack Glanville who said we might get some of their players over to have an introductory session. This would be done in a regular meeting with SESWC as guests because of the restrictive CSSC rules relating to special events. However Jack said it might be a few months.

I always thought it was the organiser's responsibility to communicate. Obviously I was wrong.
maelmordha
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Public Forum