Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Re: VII Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge

Postby Russ » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:32 pm

I have plenty of miniatures ready, but life has gotten in the way for what would have been a few hours tonight. Never mind, I break off for the holidays on Friday and should have a few hours free to get into it.

Downside is I know the last 3 weeks in January I will be very busy completing work for a night class I have been attending, so it may be a sprint for the finish in march.

Regarding Penda and chums, is there a deadline for them to be in, I would probably be better starting on it end of January, that should let me smash through a lot of my 15mm chaps.

Either way, I'm easy, and I will leave the basing to you if you don't mind, I have seen what you've done before and they are bloody good.

:D
Russ

Postby roma912 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:36 am

Russ wrote:I have plenty of miniatures ready, but life has gotten in the way for what would have been a few hours tonight. Never mind, I break off for the holidays on Friday and should have a few hours free to get into it.

Downside is I know the last 3 weeks in January I will be very busy completing work for a night class I have been attending, so it may be a sprint for the finish in march.

Regarding Penda and chums, is there a deadline for them to be in, I would probably be better starting on it end of January, that should let me smash through a lot of my 15mm chaps.

Either way, I'm easy, and I will leave the basing to you if you don't mind, I have seen what you've done before and they are bloody good.

Hi Russ,

Have you noticed that there is a first submission deadline for the 21st January for the Painting Challenge this year? Let me know if you think this is going to be a problem and you may want to contact Curt as well.

Cheers, Ross
roma912

Postby Russ » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:28 pm

Yeah, I saw the post and managed to get my first batch of figures finished today.

Unfortunately blogger on my iPad and iPhone is still playing up. I start compiling my post adding pictures etc and it crashes. It is the most infuriating thing, and it can happen at any time. Today it actually crashed as I filled out the labels section which I always do last :x

So I will get on the old PC tomorrow evening and hopefully I will get my post up.

I am doing ok for my target, completed 88 infantry and 3 vehicles today in 15mm, and from memory that should net me just under 200 points, so very close to half way.

Plus the next big batch are half painted now, so I should give my total a big boost in the next week.

If the bloody app would go back to working properly I would post all the time, I have had so many side projects that may inspire others I would love to get them on.

I may need to speak to some tech geeks, get this sorted out.

Thanks for the heads up though, I don't want kicked out on my first attempt.

Russ

Postby roma912 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:33 pm

Russ wrote:Yeah, I saw the post and managed to get my first batch of figures finished today.

Unfortunately blogger on my iPad and iPhone is still playing up. I start compiling my post adding pictures etc and it crashes. It is the most infuriating thing, and it can happen at any time. Today it actually crashed as I filled out the labels section which I always do last :x

So I will get on the old PC tomorrow evening and hopefully I will get my post up.

I am doing ok for my target, completed 88 infantry and 3 vehicles today in 15mm, and from memory that should net me just under 200 points, so very close to half way.

Plus the next big batch are half painted now, so I should give my total a big boost in the next week.

If the bloody app would go back to working properly I would post all the time, I have had so many side projects that may inspire others I would love to get them on.

I may need to speak to some tech geeks, get this sorted out.

Thanks for the heads up though, I don't want kicked out on my first attempt.

If it still crashes you out you could email your minion of the day and see if they can help. I think there has been an OS upgrade recently that always causes issues especially with non Apple apps. Try the chat link on the apple support site as they are pretty good at sorting this sort of thing out or go back to the old OS ;)

I'm about half way through the dozen 20mm Allied vehicles I have and about a third of the way through nine 28mm fantasy ranger types.

After that I am on the 15mm sci-fi for a while and then hopefully start back on the 28mm's.

Still having issues with time to paint and need to my eyes tested again...

Be in touch about the entry figures soon.

Cheers, Ross
roma912

Postby Russ » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:58 pm

Well i filled it with coal and lit the paper and after sacrificing a digital alarm clock to Odin, and pouring a bag of pure jammy barsteward over it, the good ol PC actually seems to have worked.

So hopefully at some time tomorrow (as i was given tuesday as my submission day) i should have broken my painting challenge virginity.

I cant help but think what doom i have inflicted upon myself, every year will now begin by sitting, surrounded by artificial lighting, little pots of liquid, and scraggly looking brushes because the tips always go when you need them.

Are you attending the club on the 29th, if so, and if you have any energy left after the exciting, mind blowing event that is the AGM, do you fancy a game of something.

Nothing too taxing, one of the Rampant variants or a likewise easy going D6er.

:)
Russ

Postby roma912 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:09 pm

I'll look out for your post this evening.

Regards the 29th, yes planning on being there as I like to vote for no real reason as the decisions are mostly made anyway. I know I am a dissident against the conventions of wargame clubs, its an age thing :lol:

Game, yes, how about Dragon Rampant as the Orcs are still "downstairs"

Can check timings nearer the day.

Cheers, Ross
roma912

Postby Russ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:59 pm

Perfect, Dragon it is then.

I may use something different this time, who knows, depends what movies I've been watching :lol:
Russ

Postby roma912 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:11 pm

Hi Russ,

Will we say 1.00 pm for Dragon Rampant? Then the AGM :D

Cheers, Ross
roma912

Postby Russ » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:42 pm

Aye, perfect. Bring my half of the painting challenge, I may get a start to it before my project kicks off.
Russ

Previous

Return to Public Forum