Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

VII Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge

Postby roma912 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:32 pm

For the last 5 years I have entered as a motivational ploy the following painting challenge:

http://thepaintingchallenge.blogspot.co ... bbies.html

This will be my sixth year and still enjoying the painting, banter and showing of painted stuff.

This year the organiser is doing something different and has asked for team painted figures.

So my question to you all is - is anyone willing to join the Painting Challenge this year and then help to paint a group of figures as the entry fee?

There must be someone who wants to chip away at the lead mountain? Somebody who wants to finish off a few units for that army that is all so nearly finished or just start something new. The recommended starting level is 400 points (200 15mm inf figs or 80 28mm inf figs and if you need some vehicles painted the points stack up very quickly)

Let me know as soon as possible if any one is interested and sign up to the challenge. It is surprisingly good fun and you do make a dent in the lead mountain.

Cheers, Ross
roma912

Re: VII Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge

Postby Russ » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:32 am

Ok, I am in. I have watched so many other challengers over the years it's about time I try it for myself.

And I need the motivation to paint at the moment, plus it should put some structure back in my painting instead of my whimsical approach just now.

:D
Russ

Postby roma912 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:28 pm

Russ wrote:Ok, I am in. I have watched so many other challengers over the years it's about time I try it for myself.

And I need the motivation to paint at the moment, plus it should put some structure back in my painting instead of my whimsical approach just now.

Hi Russ,

Excellent! You will be surprised at how much you can achieve in the 3 months set and I still enjoy it each year. Its also worth noting that there are a mixture of excellent painters and novices with every shade of grey in between too.

The entry details are on the link I sent above and you'll need to send the organiser an email too.

I'll supply the lead for the entry fee - we just need to decide on what it is - normally a single 28mm figure each - although this year is a bit different as it is to be painted as a team.

I think there will be a lot of Epic 30K this year too as well as the usual variety from Ancient Egypt to Star Grunt and everything in between.

Off now to prep some figures for this year - as if I need to do any :)

Cheers, Ross
roma912

Postby Russ » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:04 pm

Cool.
I have bookmarked the link and added them to my reading list.

If there may be a big Epic 30k following this year, by gods do I have plenty for that, bucketloads of oldhammer epic stuff, all perfect for a good old adeptus mechanicus paint job.

I am glad they are happy to see 'table standard' painting, I could never achieve the collectors quality in such a time frame.

I wish to use it to finish off the many unfinished projects, and a couple of recent arrivals.

As you said, clear the lead mountain, exactly what I need.

Russ

Postby roma912 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:46 am

Mind and email the organiser Curt if you haven't all ready. Then its time to sort out what to paint and what scale.

15mm and 20mm vehicles are a good way to get a sound points base started. I might finally get round to the Bren Carriers I have in 20mm this year as they have been undercoated for the last 6-7 years. Then some 28mm ancients and 15mm sci-fi/fantasy as the mood takes me.

Cheers, Ross
roma912

Postby Russ » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:24 pm

I emailed him this morning, I think I will use it to paint the critical mass infantry I have. They got based years ago but have never been undercoated yet.

Also, staying at 15mm I will paint the 'not imperial guardsmen' I got in a kickstarter. They look like the old rogue trader guard. Must be painted in the traditional grey with dark grey flak jackets :D

Round it off with some vehicles and I should be just over 400 points.

If time allows I have plenty others to squeeze in before the deadline.
Russ

Postby roma912 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:47 pm

Hi Russ,

What about this guy for the team painting challenge - I have him in the loft along with a few wee friends :D

http://www.grippingbeast.co.uk/GET11_Pe ... -3236.html

Let me know what you think or any ideas you have too

Cheers
Ross
roma912

Postby Russ » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:27 pm

That's a very nice miniature, I'd be happy to try and do some justice to it, I will flock the base haha.
Russ

Postby roma912 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:23 pm

Russ wrote:That's a very nice miniature, I'd be happy to try and do some justice to it, I will flock the base haha.

You were quicker than me on that on ;)

I'll dig it out and get it prepped once the wee man is asleep - about midnight tonight if current form is anything to go by.

Cheers, Ross
roma912

Postby roma912 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:09 pm

Ready for the off then Russ?

I'll undercoat and paint one of the figures from the Penda set - was only going to do 2 - and get the other one to you during the Christmas break.

I can do the basing of both if you want or happy for you to do it, let me know.

Cheers, Ross
roma912

Next

Return to Public Forum