Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Why Team Yankee Pours Salt Into FoW`s Mocha

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:09 pm

DAY ONE-
After only the briefest of glances, WW3 apocalypse fest `Team Yankee` already improves on Flummaries of Flum Flum`s 3rd edition in the following three ways:

Vehicles are given their own speeds as part of TACTICAL, TERRAIN DASH, CROSS COUNTRY DASH, and ROAD DASH movement types, so you don`t get Chieftain tanks and Abrams tanks being given the same speeds. The American Abrams` gas turbine engine made it lightning fast, for the couple of hundred metres you could drive it before needing to refuel, that is.

The awful `transports to the rear` Flummaries rule has finally met it`s fiery end under five megatons of Team Yankee atomic righteousness. Apparently, APCs can give supporting fire to dismounted infantry in the real world, and so they shall in Team Yankee. Hurrah!

The ability to recall unlimited supplies of attack aircraft is over. You get what you pay for in your force structure, and when they get shot down, they stay shot down. Unlike Flummaries, they don`t regenerate like Kenny from South Park.

Hip Hip Hooray for Team Yankee, and it`s better-structured take on global armageddon.
Boo to Flummaries 3rd edition, which I`ll still play and complain about, every time I exercise my tanks. ;)

Cheers, Ian
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Re: Why Team Yankee Pours Salt Into FoW`s Mocha

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:52 pm

HOT DOG!-Part Deux

Another day: another reason why Team Yankee trumps Flummaries.
Helicopters such as the American Cobra and Soviet Hind can engage one another over the battlefield, as can the American A-10 and Soviet Su-25 strike aircraft, which can strafe helos with their cannon. Or, in the case of the A-10, it`s seven barrelled 30mm Avenger, giving it one of it`s many nicknames: `BRRRT`.

Helicopter dogfights mmmmm :twisted:
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Re: Why Team Yankee Pours Salt Into FoW`s Mocha

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:12 pm

Flummaries Wars: Episode III- Revenge of the 6mm Sith.

Team Yankee is a stand-alone book that allows you to start gaming right away, like Epic:Armageddon, the best thing Gums Flapchop ever did.
You can get supplements, but there`s enough in the core book to allow you to build the eponymous `Team Yankee`, `Team Bravo`, or a red tide of Bolshevik armour.
You can`t nuke stuff, but I accept that`s totally inappropriate for a tactical level game. :roll:
There`s still the thing about putting brigade, or even divisional artillery, on table just behind your own FLOT, which looks, and is, just wrong in 15mm and 20mm, but suddenly works in 6mm (the one true scale).
Also, the ranges for guns and missiles are spot-on if played in 6mm (the one true scale), but not so in the recommended 15mm.

In retrospect- `Team Yankee` is a good stand-alone rulebook, which you can supplement with other NATO and WarPac nations, but is best played in 6mm (the one true scale, all other scales are fake scales).

My name is Ian, and I approved this message. ;)
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Return to Public Forum