Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

...Next Stop Is Vietnam..

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:08 pm

Like a descending Aircav unit, Osprey`s Nam is here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWoBm1Izyh4

Anyone seen this played yet? Seems to follow the Team Yankee / V4 route.

Still itching for a game of Team Yankee or Nam, because I love the smell of napalm...etc...etc....
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Re: ...Next Stop Is Vietnam..

Postby Russ » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:18 pm

It could happen soon, I have enough painted already, just some minor bases to finish, and my PAVN were painted last year.

I was having a read through of Charlie don’t surf. I like a lot of what it is saying but need to get on the table and see how it plays.

I may have too many choppers for it though, boo hiss.

I will check when my next free Sunday is.
Russ

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:24 pm

I`m saving the World from enemy supervillains on the 15th April. / I`m enslaving the World as it`s evil overlord on 15th April. (Delete as applicable).

Other than that, I`m ready to rock .......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzkBNmHALEw

Cheers, Ian
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby maelmordha » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:22 am

Obviously I have cards for CDS Russ. If you need to borrow them let me know.
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:08 pm

maelmordha wrote:Obviously I have cards for CDS Russ. If you need to borrow them let me know.

I`d like to give both CDS and Nam a try out. I`m sure we could work-out a three player game of CDS (bagsy `Renegade Colonel` nae combacks)
I wanna do it all, play loadsa Vietnam whiles I spend the next 4 years building-up my Arab army to match my completed Israelis....which took 4 years.

PS- I like helicopters, I like tanks. I like helicopters and tanks.
PPS- and I like boats with guns. ;)
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby Russ » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:15 pm

Cards for CDS would be fookin champion, I can’t find the little buggers anywhere.

I have the Nam book, it’s good and easy to understand, and I will try it to see how it runs.

I played a few games of the previous version {FoW V3?} and it was good although choppers were worse than useless, and booby traps were very powerful if used with competitive cunning.

We will just have to play both rules many times and see who wins.

Result.

Ps, only 4 years to build the Arabs, you must be kidding. If I remember when I played you I had around 40 Arab tanks to your 6 Israeli, I hope you have a very small Israeli army :lol:
Russ

Postby maelmordha » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:37 am

I had my cards printed by Artscow in the states along with some generic IABSM! and Kiss Me Hardy sets. The cards themselves are reasonably priced but the postage is horrendous. Artscow do specials with 2 for 1s and free postage (including international) from time to time and I just waited for one of those.

The other option is to print and laminate them yourself like I did for the ones we've used for Arnhem. Some of the player generated cards are just glorious.

I'll let you know the next time I see an Artscow special. There are companies in the UK that could do it but Artscow already has the templates setup.

Have a look here for the files: http://newsofthelard.blogspot.co.uk/p/a ... games.html
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby maelmordha » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:46 am

Just noticed Artscow are doing 25% off and free shipping on 1st orders. I've no idea what this applies to but worth looking into if you want a set of CDS cards.

http://www.artscow.com/
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:42 pm

Russ wrote:We will just have to play both rules many times and see who wins.

Result.

Ps, only 4 years to build the Arabs, you must be kidding. If I remember when I played you I had around 40 Arab tanks to your 6 Israeli, I hope you have a very small Israeli army :lol:

Well up for many games of CDS and Nam, mad for it! :P

You`re going to make me want to build my own Nam army in 15mm, as if building a mass of Arab tanks wasn`t enough! Dangnabbit and curses. :P

ps- you are correct, kicking the mass ranks of Arabs up from 6mm to 15mm will probably see me into pension age. Why won`t people play 6mm for sake of my wallet and my sanity. Dangnabbit/curses etc...etc.... :P
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby maelmordha » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:24 am

Well guess who's just gone and bought a 3d printer?

I'm fed up spending a fortune on resin and mdf.......
maelmordha
Site Admin

Next

Return to Public Forum