Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Plastic Soldier Company M60

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Wed May 23, 2018 5:01 pm

PSC are soon to be bringing out their own Cold War ruleset and one of their releases prior to this is their excellent rendition of the American M60 battle tank of the seventies and eighties. In the 15mm box you get five tanks for your £21.50 which is £4.30 per tank, pretty good bang for your buck in the current climate.
Not only is it one of the cheapest, it is also one of the best. Crisp detail, two crew for each tank, and goes together sweet with a well thought out parts assembly.
Without bazooka skirts, the running gear is prominent, even in 15mm, so it is top-notch to see PSC model two road wheels side-by-side instead of one big block as others have done.
BANG.jpg
BANG.jpg (84.76 KiB) Viewed 204 times

The PSC version is the M60A3 as seen used by the U.S. in Germany, but with little effort I made these into M60A1 as used by the Israelis in the 1973 October War.
The M60 was widely exported so the options are many, Turkey and Egypt amongst those still operating the tank, much as it appeared in the eighties.

These go together so nicely, this release is reason alone to take-up Cold War gaming.
Infact, you don`t even have to game with them, just buy them, build them, and admire.
Top banana: five starts out of five. :D
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Re: Plastic Soldier Company M60

Postby maelmordha » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:13 pm

M60A1 (with IR)
M60A1-800.jpg
M60A1-800.jpg (174.39 KiB) Viewed 147 times
maelmordha
Site Admin

Re: Plastic Soldier Company M60

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:00 pm

Wow, going to have to compare these in a `Top Gear` style drive-off.
I can already see that the printed version is superior in some places (turret basket, turret rail) but PSC seems to have superior surface detail about the stowage boxes, but that may just be the photo trickery-whajamy.
I like that the printed version actually has the power chord supplying the IR searchlight, that`s top that is! ;)

I`m going to have to invent a new score card to rate these models.
There is a review of an insanely good printed L-33 SPG coming soon.

TANKS!!!! :D
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Return to Public Forum