Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Re: Want to know more?

Postby maelmordha » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:30 pm

Hi Allan, welcome to dunfermline wargames club.

Our club meets on the 1st 3rd and 5th sundays of the month which means that the next meeting will be the15th of September from 12.00 onwards. You're more than welcome to come and see us then though.

we have quite a few that play FoW too :)

See you then

steve
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby sir noltyboy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:36 pm

awesome! Gives me a chance to get another platoon painted and maybe my 6 pounders started.

Looking forward to it!
sir noltyboy

Postby Russ » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Hello Allan, I have plenty of late war German stuff if you want a game on the 15th.
How many points do you have and have you played a lot of games, if not I would suggest a smaller game to start with.
Russ

Postby sir noltyboy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:14 pm

I currently have a Coy HQ, 1 Rifle Platoon and 1 Vickers MG platoon painted and have another 2 (i think) Rifle Platoons and a 6 Pounder Platoon to do.

I haven't played much at all and that was years ago so small and simple. Plus that was version 2 rules. Im trying to work out were i can get the version 3 Little a5 rule book "for free."
sir noltyboy

Postby Russ » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:23 am

Don't know where you would get one now, eBay always has plenty.
Russ

Postby moz71 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:08 am

I know this won't be much help if its a PDF you're after, but you can get the small book new (as well as five tanks) for £20 as part of a starter set on Amazon.

Must admit that I bought that, as I wanted to see if I fancied playing the game and painting tanks!

I've a couple of questions for the experienced wargamers on here though; I really want to base my tanks, but it doesn't seem to be the done thing. If the base is just a couple of mil bigger than the tank, does it make any difference?

Also, this early/ mid/ late war thing. I fancy doing mid war Afrika Korps; if I did would it would it cause any hassles in getting a game?

Cheers

Mark
Have stuff for Impetus, Saga (both), FoW, Bolt Action, Wild West games, WHB/Kings of War, Frostgrave, Lion Rampant
moz71

Postby sir noltyboy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:57 am

I was always told the Early/mid/late stuff was interchangeable because the points of the units changing kept it balanced between eras.

Cheers chaps.
sir noltyboy

Postby Russ » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:14 pm

Aye the points change for units that were in service throughout the war. My own Brit paras can be used for both, I just drop obviously unavailable units like 17pdrs and piats.
Mid war is often more fun, you don't have ridiculously tough armour or high end guns. I've been working on an Africa korps force myself and quite fancy a British force when the tanks come out in plastics.

Re basing tanks, it won't make any difference to the game, measurement is from or to the vehicle not the base, quite a few of my stuff are on bases, trucks n artillery plus forged in battles vehicles all come based to start with and they are a bit cheaper than BF.
Russ

Postby oomska » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi folks,

I've recently re-discovered the joys of tabletop wargaming after a fair few years away from it. My gateway back into it was through the X-Wing miniatures game, my 7 year old son loves it! Since then I've been developing something of a Flames of War habit. Me & two friends have been playing a few games but we're still trying to get all the rules into our heads. I've amassed a fairly substatial German foce that gives me lot's of list options and I'm not working on a US light tank co, all late war. I see from recent pages here that there are a few FoW players.

I'm hoping to pop along to one of your meetings this month to say 'hi' and hopefully try and get a game of something in, I'm just along the road in Dalgety Bay. Would be great if I can get a game arranged via here beforehand.

Look forward to hearing from you

Cheers

Terry
oomska

Postby moz71 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:44 pm

Russ wrote:Aye the points change for units that were in service throughout the war. My own Brit paras can be used for both, I just drop obviously unavailable units like 17pdrs and piats.
Mid war is often more fun, you don't have ridiculously tough armour or high end guns. I've been working on an Africa korps force myself and quite fancy a British force when the tanks come out in plastics.

Re basing tanks, it won't make any difference to the game, measurement is from or to the vehicle not the base, quite a few of my stuff are on bases, trucks n artillery plus forged in battles vehicles all come based to start with and they are a bit cheaper than BF.

Cheers for that. A Saga and FOW painting plan from October until next year lined up then, lol
Have stuff for Impetus, Saga (both), FoW, Bolt Action, Wild West games, WHB/Kings of War, Frostgrave, Lion Rampant
moz71

PreviousNext

Return to Public Forum