Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Team Yankee: Oil Wars

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:40 am

Having recently pulled the Team Yankee rules apart, and hoping that Great Escape Games new `Seven Days To The Rhine` rules are the answer to all our prayers, I think I`ll still be suckered into buying the new `Oil Wars` book for TY.
https://www.team-yankee.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=6444
I can`t help myself: it`s got Merkavas, Chieftains, religious fanaticism, and missile carriers disguised as tanks, what`s not to like?
I can`t think for myself and I`d like Battlefront to have more of my money please, woof woof bark! :lol:
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Re: Team Yankee: Oil Wars

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:14 pm

Having been interested in the Arab-Israeli conflict for some time, I am aware that some gamers feel as though the Israelis should usually win everything after 1967. Being particularly interested in the 1973 war, I soon discovered this not to be the case.

I also knew that the 1982 invasion of Lebanon was no picnic for the Israelis either, but with the upcoming `Oil Wars`(set three years later in a parallel 1985 universe), I`ve had another look and found that engagements were a close-run thing in that conflict also. I provide links for reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Jezzine_(1982)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sultan_Yacoub
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Re: Team Yankee: Oil Wars

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:27 pm

Having now read `Oil Wars`, I think it is one of the best, if not THE best things Battlefront has done; such a shame it has to rely on some wonky rule mechanics in the basic ruleset that afflicts everything else Battlefront does. Such a shame they still insist on having artillery on the front line etc etc etc.....

Lists for Israel, Iran, and Iraq, and an ability to field Syrians (using Iraqi lists without the western add-ons). Iraq, using a mix of Soviet and French gear fighting alongside Americans against Iranians using a mix of Soviet, British, and American gear, alongside Soviet allies, and both seemingly prepared to fight Israel with their own take on indigenous, and American gear.
Just got some of the aforementioned Battlefront`s Merkava tanks- just magnificent- really, REALLY nice! :D

Such a shame they didn`t take five minutes to re-write some of their dumber rules.

Pics to follow, the Merkava`s are simply SWEET SWEET SWEET!!!
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Return to Public Forum