Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Seven Days To The River Rhine -First Contact

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:28 pm

Took these rules out for their first spin back in May 2019; `Seven Days to the River Rhine` from Great Escape games, and have been playing them ever since.
This first game saw an East German horde fall on the plucky British defenders of democracy and freedom.

2a.jpg
2a.jpg (144.17 KiB) Viewed 6162 times

2b.jpg
2b.jpg (90.13 KiB) Viewed 6162 times

2c.jpg
2c.jpg (84.89 KiB) Viewed 6162 times
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Re: Seven Days To The River Rhine -First Contact

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:31 pm

2d.jpg
2d.jpg (93.96 KiB) Viewed 6161 times

2e.jpg
2e.jpg (76.94 KiB) Viewed 6161 times

2f.jpg
2f.jpg (101.32 KiB) Viewed 6161 times
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:34 pm

The East German horde make their numbers count. Their losses are higher, but then they can afford to be.

2g.jpg
2g.jpg (63.91 KiB) Viewed 6161 times

2h.jpg
2h.jpg (79.88 KiB) Viewed 6161 times

2i.jpg
2i.jpg (106.12 KiB) Viewed 6161 times
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:49 pm

The East Germans carry the day, but it`s the rules that are the real winner. The ability to react to an opponent`s move, seize initiative, and gamble all with your command token pool, keeps both players engaged all through the game, and right up to the end. No sitting watching the other player take an hour to make their tank park move, like you get with certain other rules systems.

2j.jpg
2j.jpg (80.78 KiB) Viewed 6161 times

2k.jpg
2k.jpg (76.8 KiB) Viewed 6161 times

Best Cold War rules I`ve played, and I`ve tried a few! :D
Your not constrained by TO&E, you can put a reasonable amount of models on the table without slowing things down, the games are usually well balanced, and both players are engaged for the whole game. Can be played in any scale, and the rule book is a one-stop shop with rules and stats, along with an online errata at the GEG website.
I`ve played eleven games now, and highly recommend these rules, especially if you have already forked-out for Battlefront models and have become disillusioned with Team Yankee. Fear not! The money was not wasted: 7DttRR is here to save the day!

It`s the end of The World as we know it, and I feel fine!!!! :twisted:
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Return to Public Forum