Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Re: Five Days to the River Elbe : Seven Days Campaign AAR

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:46 pm

maelmordha wrote:You'd be quicker building a real one! That's dedication for you though.
When this covid-19 thing is over you're going to bring that thing along, stick it on the table and go BROOM BARRROOOOM BANG! aren't you??? Trying to scare my T55s.... It won't work you know...
Happy New Year to you to.

Happy New Year to you too!! :D
Vroom Vroom, tank go build all bigly.

1i.jpg
Nearly There...
1i.jpg (115.49 KiB) Viewed 3063 times

1j.jpg
All Aboard for the Northern Line...Mind the Gap.
1j.jpg (107.6 KiB) Viewed 3063 times

And can you believe that the 6th of January was a year to the day when we gamed the Battle of Lauenburg Bridge? TWELVE MONTHS AGO!! Where has the time gone?
To solemnly commemorate this hallowed gaming day, I held a dignified ceremony where a Challenger tank jumped over ten East German tanks and two burning Hind gunships in front of a crowd of thousands, accompanied by fireworks, and a band playing the 1812 Overture.
1la.jpg
Keepin` it Classy....
1la.jpg (210.44 KiB) Viewed 3063 times

Solemn and dignified, words I have always meant to look-up in the dictionary.

I am Ian, and that is why I drink. :P
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby Russ » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:33 pm

Awesome stuff guys, hope to see more of your battles when normality comes back.
Russ

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:14 am

Russ wrote:Awesome stuff guys, hope to see more of your battles when normality comes back.

Blimey, Russ McRuss,of the Clan McRuss, Happy New Year to you! Hope you are well!! :D

I miss my gaming, global pandemics suck big hairy man bottom! :evil:

Hope to see you when the good times come rolling back. Keep it DWC forum for future game AAR!
Take care of yourself, and stay safe!!!

Cheers, Ian :D :D
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby maelmordha » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:22 pm

A very belated Happy New Year to you lot too and that Challenger II looks crumptiousspondoodly. Congrats on getting it done - apart from the weathering...... when's that getting seen to?

1 year huh since we fought Lauenburg? Scary. You'r Chieftain engines wil never start again, after lying idle for so long.
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:50 am

maelmordha wrote:A very belated Happy New Year to you lot too and that Challenger II looks crumptiousspondoodly. Congrats on getting it done - apart from the weathering...... when's that getting seen to?

1 year huh since we fought Lauenburg? Scary. You'r Chieftain engines wil never start again, after lying idle for so long.

DONE??!!
It`s pretty close to done actually, thank you for the kind comments, but as you point-out; weathering: which is getting done now, and then there`s the crew gear to add etc. And the carbon fibre aerials that won`t ping when one breathes on them. And then the teeny-tiny wipers on all the vision blocks get added ;)

As for your Lauenburg remarks: my pillboxes...I mean Chieftain L60 engines never started in the first place. :D
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:27 pm

maelmordha wrote:1 year huh since we fought Lauenburg? Scary. You'r Chieftain engines wil never start again, after lying idle for so long.

Besides which, I used Challys at Lauenburg...and speaking of which....
REINFORCEMENTS!!! YAY!!!!

4.jpg
My Lovely Horse...Made of Tanks
4.jpg (123.11 KiB) Viewed 3025 times
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby maelmordha » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:40 pm

WingAttackPlan-R wrote:
Besides which, I used Challys at Lauenburg...and speaking of which....
REINFORCEMENTS!!! YAY!!!!

4.jpg

I know, you never use anything less. A Chieftain is still a Chieftain though! I assume the new tanks are for the Gulf?
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:55 pm

maelmordha wrote: A Chieftain is still a Chieftain though!

`Tis true! As a stop-gap, Challenger 1 was the tank no-one really wanted: a glorified Chieftain, yet the Chally came closest to full-filling it`s intended wartime role than any other UK post war tank by taking-on Saddam`s assorted armour during Granby. Only served just over ten years, the CR2 has already served 24 years, and MAY (?) go on until 2035. Most British CR1 were sold to Jordan and have been extensively modified to keep them current.

I had planned these models for the Gulf, but there are some nice schemes from the Balkans: the tank is in it`s NATO camo but the additional armour is still painted desert yellow, stark contrast.
Oh, I dunno know, too many decisions. The Wafflefront corporation lists two examples, but you can model a third that was first sent to the Balkans after Granby. It had the extra storage and fuel tanks, but did not yet have the extra armour that had been used in the Gulf. Later in the deployment, the extra armour was added also.

Too may decisions, not enough thinking alcohol to go round.
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:24 pm

Almost there....
1m.jpg
Tank Top
1m.jpg (98.53 KiB) Viewed 2995 times

:D :D :D :D
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:22 pm

"That`s it, I`m calling this one done!"

1n.jpg
TARGET STOP!!!
1n.jpg (92.96 KiB) Viewed 2992 times
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

PreviousNext

Return to Public Forum