Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

email from CSSC

Postby TomMcC » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:35 pm

All,

not sure who checks in here, but got this email from CCSC today.

To: All CSSC Members in Fife & Rosyth

Notice of Closure: Rosyth CSSC Club, Castle Road, Rosyth.

It has been a really challenging time for all businesses in the hospitality sector over the last 12 months, and the Rosyth Club is no exception. The Club has played a hugely important part in our local members’ lives over many years, but in recent times it has become increasingly difficult for it to remain viable.

It is, with great sadness, that Fife and Rosyth Area Association has taken the decision to permanently close the club as a CSSC club from 26 January 2021. The management of the site will then transfer back to the freeholder which is CSSC Ltd.

We know how important the sports clubs on the site are to local members and the Fife and Rosyth Area Association will work closely with CSSC Ltd to endeavour to provide facilities to enable those sports to recommence when restrictions are lifted. The Area Association will also continue to ensure that local offers are available for you to continue to make the most of your CSSC membership.

We know that this news will be disappointing but please be assured that CSSC Ltd will be undertaking work in the next few months to consider the future of the site and facilities post the pandemic. It remains CSSC Ltd’s priority to ensure that, if viable, the local community can access facilities that promote health, wellbeing and physical activity.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all members, volunteers and club staff for their understanding and cooperation at this time. We hope that you continue to stay safe and we look forward to providing new opportunities and offers to you locally in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Simon Lee

Chief Executive
TomMcC

Re: email from CSSC

Postby maelmordha » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:26 pm

Thanks Tom,

First I've heard of this, but I'll pass it on. I suspect the comittee have been told but haven't had the chance to pass it around yet. I'll double check.

Not a huge surprise but unfortunate and I suspect not the last.

Steve
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:38 am

Sad. I have just read on the CSSC Facebook page that they are closing the licensed premises but are still looking at the viability of keeping other facilities open.
Ian
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:45 am

Yeah, this isn`t very clear.
Facebook page says they are going to try and keep other indoor facilities going, after the licensed premises are closed down, as a community hub.
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:50 am

There is also a message on the Rosyth FB page dated 25/01/21 asking for someone to update contact details for the wargames club, something they seem to be asking other groups for also.
Ian
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby maelmordha » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:02 am

We'll see what happens as a result of the changes. The committee are checking
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby maelmordha » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:05 pm

I've checked the CSSC FB page and they're adamant the club isn't closing - it's just the bar. There will likely be a new format but we probably won't know what that looks like until the pandemic is over.
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby TomMcC » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:16 pm

Thanks, gents.

The situation may not be quite as scary as it seemed when I first read it. I'll try to watch the FB page.

Roll on the end of all this.
And hoping you, your family and friends and OK in these strange times.

Tom
TomMcC

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:19 am

Thanks Tom, and thanks for flagging this up.
I, for one, am not getting anything from CSSC, but looks like they are going to try and keep indoor facilities going.
Hope you are well,
Cheers, Ian
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Return to Public Forum