Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Future Plans for DWC

Postby roma912 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:01 pm

Hi everyone,

Long time no post for me although I am still painting, blogging and occassionally gaming (virtually of late).

Wondering if anyone knows of future plans for the club with the CSC being closed. I am not on Facebook and the last time I checked the DWC facebook page was a closed group; really?

Any updates on a new venue, possible reopening would be appreciated.

Cheers, Ross
roma912

Re: Future Plans for DWC

Postby maelmordha » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:36 pm

Hi Ross,

The CSSC building is not closing as far as I'm aware despite rumours being flung about by certain newspapers. I was talking to them just before the AGM - a couple of weeks ago. They're still looking to open it as a community hub. We're still waiting for word on the final plan. As soon as we know what that is I'll let everyone know. If they do get it running as a hub it should works out better for us as the membership model becomes more flexible.

To clarify it's the Sports and Social club that's permanently closed = the bar. The building is now run by the CSC directly rather than by the CSSC. Certain journalists are confused and can't seem to work the difference out.

The DWC FB page is not a closed group. Quite the opposite, although FB keeps changing it from time to time... b@$£@rds... I'll double check, but as I run the bloody thing it damn well shouldn't be closed.

Steve
maelmordha
Site Admin

Re: Future Plans for DWC

Postby maelmordha » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:48 pm

Just checked - the FB group is still a Public Group. Are you looking at the right one (there should only be one)? http://www.facebook.com/groups/1136754969687729/

Steve
maelmordha
Site Admin

Return to Public Forum