Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Re: Team Yankee - Iron Maiden - AFVs + Infantry

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Possible crossovers for WARPAC and Egyptian Yum, Kippers-

T-55, T-62, BMP-1, BRDM-2, BTR-60, BM-21 `Hail`, ZSU-23-4 Shilka.

Nae crossovers between My Israelis and Brits- double the effort, double the fun. :D
And double the expense. :cry:
But double the fun. :D
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Re: Team Yankee - Iron Maiden - AFVs + Infantry

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:30 pm

Speeding into view: the Spartan Milan Compact Turret (MCT).

BAOR8.jpg
BAOR8.jpg (85.95 KiB) Viewed 1614 times

Box set that can build into four Spartan MCT, four Striker anti-tank vehicles, or four Spartan with Blowpipe SAM operator.
Nice all-in-all, bit of a clunky effort at a GPMG, but nice little models. :D
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Re: Team Yankee - Iron Maiden - Mare Pic Action

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:23 pm

Battlefront have announced that the Brits will be getting reinforcements in the new year, including Challenger tanks and Warrior IFV.
I have, however, become attached to my Chieftain and FV432, thank you very much: old school-like my music taste and liver condition. ;)
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Re: Team Yankee - Iron Maiden - Mare Pic Action

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:50 pm

Bazinga!

BAOR9.jpg
BAOR9.jpg (59.23 KiB) Viewed 1604 times

Lynx with TOW missiles.
Nice model, usual decal problems, Soviet tanks beware! :twisted:

And a pic of the actual Lynx XZ206.
https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/view/1556853
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Re: Team Yankee - Iron Maiden - CHOPPER TIME!!

Postby maelmordha » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:35 pm

Luvverly - at last a target for my Shilkas and Gaskins!
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:57 pm

maelmordha wrote:Luvverly - at last a target for my Shilkas and Gaskins!

:D :D :D

However, a cautionary tale for prospective helo owners.
Battlefront are charging £22 for two Mi-24 Hind-D. Revell are selling a model kit 1/100 scale version for £7 for one and, at first glance, the Revell offering looks more like the thing, particularly with it`s clear canopy and cockpit detail.

RevellHindD15mm.jpg
RevellHindD15mm.jpg (140.11 KiB) Viewed 1583 times

True, you would have to find your own pilots, but the Revell kit is cheaper and better IMHO.
In 15mm (or 1/100 scale) Revell also do a Huey, a AH-1 Cobra gunship (Nam era), AH-64 Apache, UH-60 Blackhawk, and a Navy UH-60 Seahawk.

Nae Cold War Brits...yet.
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby Russ » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:56 pm

I know back when I started my Nam stuff the Huey kit was like hens teeth, although now they are easier to get, but it would mean changing all my helo's as I'm not keen on mix and match.
I do like that Hind kit you have their.
Russ

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:07 pm

Still haven`t started my Nam lot yet- a mixture of grunts, TANKS, and helos, which is why I`m starting to collect Hueys.

The pic doesn`t show the nice panel details on the Hind, which are also much nicer and proportional than on my Battlefront Lynx. I`m strongly hinting towards this year`s project as doing some Czechs for the Warsaw Pact (to rami with my Brits) and these Revell Hind look like being unit number one. ;)

Although, Battlefront have announced that they are doing an `Oil Wars` book bringing-in the Israelis, Iraqis, and Iranians, and the Merkavas look too good to resist.

Wallet-hammering time! Bah! :evil: :evil: :evil:
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby maelmordha » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:30 pm

Ahem... I thought this was a Brits thread!

Anyway - I'm printing a Hind to see what it comes out like. Got my Fate of a Nation book yesterday and I'm afraid to say the rules look mind numbingly boring..... Made for the mentally challenged and post 40K muppets (same thing?). I do have an arab force though so I'll still give it a sho't - you never know - the rate my grey cells are deteriorating these days it might be all I'm capable of.
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:39 pm

maelmordha wrote:Ahem... I thought this was a Brits thread!

Once again, the ingenuity of Tommy Atkins shines through, by jove, as the Brits drive-up in their FV432 Mortar carrier; better bring a brolly, there`s a forecast for rain! :D

BAOR10.jpg
BAOR10.jpg (125.71 KiB) Viewed 1559 times
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

PreviousNext

Return to Public Forum