Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Want to know more?

Postby maelmordha » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:41 am

If you are interested in Dunfermline Wargames Club for any reason please post a query here or email the board admin (me ;) )
maelmordha
Site Admin

Re: Want to know more?

Postby Irresolution » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:57 am

Hi

Was just wondering if this club is still going? Was just that the announcements advise February as the next meet.
Was also wondering if any of you play Magic the Gathering, Have played a bit online and was thinking of building a deck but seems silly unless you have someone to play against.

Thanks

Irresolution
Irresolution

Postby maelmordha » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi,

I dont believe anyone does play MtG at the club although I suspect that there will be a few that play outside club time. We mainly play miniatures based games and some boardgames.

If it's miniature wargaming you're interested in from any background then we're the best place to be. We do FoW, Warhammer, ACW, Impetus and pile of other stuff as well, and you wont find any better club hours than ours.

However if you're more interested in Role Playing or CCG then have a word with Brian Forrester at DWARF. You'll find them here: http://www.dwarfclub.com/Dunfermline_Wargaming_and_Roleplaying_Fellowship/Welcome.html. If you do contact them, tell them Steve says hi.....

Oh and by the way, I'll be redoing this website over the next two weeks so those erronious February dates will disappear............. We have been around for almost 40 years as a club and we'll be around for a bit longer I'm sure :D .

If you want to come down and see us we still meet every 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sunday of the month from 2pm to 10pm at the Civil Service Club (think cheap beer and good food) at Admiralty Road in Rosyth. We'll be meeting this Sunday coming (1st July) so if you'd like to visit just give me a shout and I'll watch for you. We're usually in the function suite.

Steve
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby moz71 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:19 pm

I'll admit that I was having a nosy at your site too. I'd love to come along (my armies are warhammer but I'm into my history and have been looking for incentive to start painting up historicals), but I work all day on a Sunday. Bummer, I'm just along the road too.
Have stuff for Impetus, Saga (both), FoW, Bolt Action, Wild West games, WHB/Kings of War, Frostgrave, Lion Rampant
moz71

Postby maelmordha » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:50 am

We are around in the evening too!

Most people arrange two games for a meeting with the second one starting from 6-7pm. The club is open until 10pm on Sunday night and players will regularly be there until around 9.30pm.
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby moz71 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:08 pm

It sounds good, lol, but I work a ten hour day, so am either home at about 7:45 or 9:45, depends on the shift. Handy for pennies, but rubbish for trying to do stuff in free time
Have stuff for Impetus, Saga (both), FoW, Bolt Action, Wild West games, WHB/Kings of War, Frostgrave, Lion Rampant
moz71

Postby maelmordha » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:54 pm

Damn.........
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby Irresolution » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:00 am

I might pop along today for a visit if that's ok?
I know where the civil service club is but is it easy to find inside?

Thanks
Irresolution

Postby maelmordha » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:33 am

We're usually in the function suite. So as you go in the front door keep walking straight (past the food ordering point) and turn right. You'll see us in there.

I won't be down until around 6 o'clock (wife away for the day so I have the tribe...) but I've asked Pete to keep an eye out for you.

Steve
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby moz71 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi again,

I'd posted a wee while back that I was interested in the club, but couldn't do anything about it due to work. I'm changing jobs at the end of the month, and will now be free at weekends, so am definitely interested again. Hoping to have a basic impetus army done by then (well, mibbe, I'm not the quickest, four bases finished so far), so at least I'd have something historical to show (doing 28mm ancient britons from Warlord).

Haven't played a game in donkeys years (being, ahem, middle aged) but like painting and history and fancy giving it a go again. Deffo a casual player, more interested in how cool the army looks like lined up than whether they get slaughtered or not, lol

Mark
moz71

Next

Return to Public Forum