Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Re: Want to know more?

Postby maelmordha » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi Terry,

We have a meeting on this weekend coming - Sunday the 15th. From High Noon until 10pm. It might be a bit short notice to arrange a game for then but you never know. I'll keep an eye open for you anyway.

X-Wing is played here too btw.

Welcome to Dunfermline Wargames Club.

Steve
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby Russ » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:34 pm

For all interested parties I could run some little games (600pts) for you guys to grasp the rules. I did this before at Perth and it went well.
Half size tables, 3 objectives, and obviously 600 point forces. Only difference from main rules are you only need 1 compulsory platoon choice from your army list.
It would be late war as this seems to be the most common period and forces can be supplied for the day if you don't have the available units.
I can be at the club from 12-6 this Sunday if anyone's interested.
Russ.
Russ

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:47 pm

Russ wrote:For all interested parties I could run some little games (600pts) for you guys to grasp the rules. I did this before at Perth and it went well.
Half size tables, 3 objectives, and obviously 600 point forces. Only difference from main rules are you only need 1 compulsory platoon choice from your army list.
It would be late war as this seems to be the most common period and forces can be supplied for the day if you don't have the available units.
Russ.

Still not sure what I`m doing, but I`ll be there for sure, and if you guys are doing FoW run-throughs I may look-in for some tips.
Cheers, Ian
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby Copperjacket » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:49 am

Hi Terry,
I will bringing along X-wing on Sunday, Ian, wing-attack R , has shown interest but as you probably know games are short and we could fit in more than 1 per side so you are welcome if you are along on Sunday.
Richard C.

oomska wrote:Hi folks,

I've recently re-discovered the joys of tabletop wargaming after a fair few years away from it. My gateway back into it was through the X-Wing miniatures game, my 7 year old son loves it! Since then I've been developing something of a Flames of War habit. Me & two friends have been playing a few games but we're still trying to get all the rules into our heads. I've amassed a fairly substatial German foce that gives me lot's of list options and I'm not working on a US light tank co, all late war. I see from recent pages here that there are a few FoW players.

I'm hoping to pop along to one of your meetings this month to say 'hi' and hopefully try and get a game of something in, I'm just along the road in Dalgety Bay. Would be great if I can get a game arranged via here beforehand.

Look forward to hearing from you

Cheers

Terry
Copperjacket

Postby oomska » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:38 am

Cheers for the replies & welcome guys.

I'll likely be along early afternoon, probably about 2pm or so. I'll bring along some German FoW (US forces are still lying neglected on the painting table) and my X-Wing stuff and if I can gfet a game or two in then great.

One thing, I'm a CSSC member but I've no idea where my card is. Will this cause me any problems getting into the club?

Cheers

Terry
oomska

Postby maelmordha » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:07 am

Hi Terry,

Not having your card to hand on Sunday wont be a problem. The CSSC do check every year to make sure our club membership matches their CSSC membership numbers, so I suspect Richard will chase you for your membership number at some point in the future.

See you Sunday,

Steve
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby sir noltyboy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:07 pm

Russ wrote:For all interested parties I could run some little games (600pts) for you guys to grasp the rules. I did this before at Perth and it went well.
Russ.

That will be brilliant! I shall see you at twelve then! I have my own force that i think reaches 600pts.

Thank you very much
sir noltyboy

Postby moz71 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:51 am

Russ.

I'm disappointed I can't make it along today, this sounds really interesting as it looks like the fow book might be my holiday reading in a weeks time, lol.

Do we know if there's an end of month "big game" in a couple of weeks?
Have stuff for Impetus, Saga (both), FoW, Bolt Action, Wild West games, WHB/Kings of War, Frostgrave, Lion Rampant
moz71

Postby nick » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi, I am looking to join a gaming club.

I have never done any gaming and am looking to get into the hobby

My main interest is learning flames of war, I have the open fire box set painted up and I have skimmed over the rules.

I am also interested in games like x-wing and dust but happy to give anything a try.

Do you think this club is suitable for a newbie
nick

Postby roma912 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:23 pm

HI Nick,

There are a few Flames of War players that may be able to help you out, unfortunately, I am not one of them. I also believe that there are a few x-wing players too. Not so sure about Dusk though.

Your best bet is to come along to the club on a Sunday (1st, 3rd and 5th of the month) and introduce yourself in person. Ask for Richard Bryant who runs the club.

Hope to see you in the near future.
roma912

PreviousNext

Return to Public Forum