Board index Open Forums - Start Here! Public Forum

Public Forum - Open to all! However you must register to post anything on this board.

All things from all men (and women and intelligent animals, aliens, elves, et al too I suppose)

Spam will be neutered... and the perpetrator too....

Flummaries of War is Doing a 4th Edition

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:08 pm

Flummaries of Flum Flum is bringing out a new edition of their basic rules in March.
From what I read within Wargames Illustrated in WHSmith (God knows, I won`t buy it) it looks like it`s following the modified mechanic as seen in `Team Yankee`.
I have read Team Yankee, and it has some advantages over Flummaries, but I have yet to play it.
As for Flummaries 4th edition, I suspect that they have milked some of us as far as we are prepared to be, and will continue playing 3rd edition, so there. :twisted:

Anyone interested in a game of Team Yankee, then I have access to Americans, Soviets, and Brits.

Cheers, Ian
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Re: Flummaries of War is Doing a 4th Edition

Postby Russ » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:06 am

I got the little team Yankee book as it was free with something, I intend to try it out at some time when I have time just to see if it plays better than 3rd ed. it can't be worse than trawling through hundreds of special rules to find out what the hell difference it makes to the game(generally sweet FA).

It might even be good :lol:
Russ

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:46 pm

Team Yankee reads a lot better than Flummaries WW2, that`s why it gives me some hope.
Whenever you wish to give it a trial, give me a shout. A standard hundred points game puts a lot of wizzbangs and firecrackers on the table, sweet! :twisted:
Cheers, Ian
"Across the Federation, Federation experts agree that: A: God exists, B: He's on our side, C: He wants us to win."
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Postby maelmordha » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:10 am

Citadel have a lot to answer for..........
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby roma912 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:19 pm

Not strictly Citadel, as we the public continued to buy edition after edition and codex after codex...

Where does the bigger blame really lie? :twisted:
roma912

Postby maelmordha » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:56 pm

Advertising, neural programming and peer pressure.... I personally blame midgets.
maelmordha
Site Admin

Postby TomMcC » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:54 pm

Well I got 4th edition. It looks OK and there's a lot less that 3rd (in a good way), though it focusses only on mid-war in the desert.

And the FoW people did send me the 2 freebie books to allow me to use EW and LW stuff with the new rules.

However, with a load of other projects on the go, it may be some time before I get around to reading the new rules.

cheers,
Tom
TomMcC

Postby WingAttackPlan-R » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:37 pm

HI Tom
Interesting, the 4th edition seems to take-off from Team Yankee`s lead.
Much better layout and more streamlined rules.
Cheers, Ian
-Federation Announcer
WingAttackPlan-R

Return to Public Forum